Wellness Challenge of the Month
In the month of August, challenge yourself to exercise with your family.
Physical activity is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. It can help prevent chronic diseases, control weight, build muscle and decreases the risk of obesity. Engaging in physical activity as a family can be a fun way to get everyone moving.
Being active as a family increases opportunities for kids and families to be physically active. Below are some activities you and your family can consider to get started on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
- Give children toys that encourage physical activity, such as balls, kites and jump ropes.
- Encourage children to join a sports team or try a new physical activity.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk around the block after a meal.
- Find time to spend together doing a fun activity, like family bike day or swim day.
- Issue a family challenge to commit to physical activity five days a week for six weeks.